Welcome to Episode Six!
Should you take a repeat vacation or plan a new adventure for your family?
- Get the details on our Giveaways at https://www.facebook.com/boldexplorationpodcast
Takeaways from this episode:
Making the decisions on whether to repeat a destination or vacation for your travel year is an important first step in planning. Today we are going to talk about the pros and cons of revisiting a repeat vacation or to strike out and go on a new adventure with your family.
Repeat Vacation Pros:
- There are seasons of life that where repeat vacations can help you fit the travel you crave in your year.
- Planning is expedited because you are already familiar with the amenities available.
- It is easy to get busy or stressed family members excited about taking a repeat vacation to a proven destination for your family.
Repeat Vacation Cons:
- There is truly no repeat vacation. Your family will be older and you cannot predict the weather.
- You will lose the opportunity to add in new and exciting destinations in that section of your schedule and budget.
- Sometimes you would have rather gone somewhere new but were too stressed to plan when you needed to.
- Repeat vacations tend to lose their luster over time and you will get a diminished value over time.
- New experiences can light you up and get you excited about life.
- Your expectations will be lower and you will be more likely to have a great time if you planned for your needs.
- The extended planning period will extend the joy and excitement for your vacation.
- You are almost guaranteed to discover something new about yourself.
- The person who planned the vacation and the person taking the vacation may be different people.
- Unexpected expenses can be an issue in unknown destinations.
- Influencer styled vacation planning can lead to a letdown from destinations not living up to expectations.
- Know and understand what creature comforts are important for your family to have a slam dunk vacation by thinking through your needs for Food/Water, Gear/Equipment, and Sleep/Rest cycles.
- Address everyone’s needs and be creative with the rest.
- Always include some type of repeat activity and new adventure in every vacation.
Thank you so much for listening!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you would like to advertise with us, click here.
Ep. 7 – Three Tenets to Make Every Vacation a Great Experience
Welcome To Season One! https://youtu.be/q-h4pCrh60Y Welcome to Episode Seven! Three Travel Tenets for Your Planning Needs Get the details on our Giveaways at https://www.facebook.com/boldexplorationpodcast Takeaways
Ep. 6 – To repeat or not to repeat your vacations
Welcome To Season One! https://youtu.be/u4oumBbAtEU Welcome to Episode Six! Should you take a repeat vacation or plan a new adventure for your family? Get the
Bonus Mini-Episode with Pamela and Grandkids Toolbox
Welcome To Season One! https://youtu.be/gY1vKaWp-Dc Enjoy this Bonus Mini-Bite for Episode Five! Get the details on our Giveaways at https://www.facebook.com/boldexplorationpodcast About our guest: Pamela Augustine